The 7 Days of Creation
The first book of the Bible ("Genesis") tells the story of the creation of the earth, plants, animals and then man in 7 days as God made it.
Day 1 - Light
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
There was evening and there was morning, this was the first day.
Day 2 - Firmament
And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault “sky.”
And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
- Division of the waters of Heaven and Earth.
- Representation of one entity divided from another.
Day 3 - Earth, See, Vegetation
And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
- Regrouping of the waters (synthesis), appearance of the Earth and Plants: Life.
- Separation of water from dryness and creation of the Sea and the Continents.
- Creation of Nature, trees and fruits.
- Trinity: God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The 3 represents the Holy Spirit source of life.
Day 4 - Sun, Moon, and Stars
And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.”
And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from the darkness.
And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
- Putting Space in order: Earth, Sun, Moon...
- Creation of Stars and Seasons.
- Relationship between the Earth and the Heavens: weakness of the material in the face of the authority of the sky. 4 fingers facing the thumb.
Day 5 - Birds and See Animals
And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”
So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.
And God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas and let the birds increase on the earth."
And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.
- 1st creations of the animal kingdom.
- Creation of fish and birds and the procreation of animals.
- Grace of God who created Life.
Day 6 - Humans and land animals
And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.”
And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
- Creation of Pets and Reptiles.
- Creation of Man and Woman from clay from the ground.
- Creation of the Garden of Eden, the first man Adam in His image from the dust, and the first woman Eve from the rib of man.
- The 7th of the following day is thus the number associated with the Human and the Soul.
Day 7 - The Sabbath