There are seasons in life when a Christian feels alone and without a shoulder to lean on 😢. Many things can cause one to feel lonely, for example, when going through a tough time, battling an illness, being away from family and friends, relationship breakup, or taking an unpopular stand. It’s in such times when you feel alone that Scriptures can uplift you.
1) God Understands Your Pain and Your Loneliness
You can have people around you and still feel lonely. They may love you but not understand what you are going through. You can feel alone even in a large group of people having fun and laughing.
There is One who understands you and wants to be there for you always. That is God, your Heavenly Father. He longs to embrace you as His child and let you know that everything will be alright.
2) Loneliness in the Christian Life
Being a believer doesn’t mean that you won’t feel lonely sometimes. It’s not the norm, but there are silent seasons when you will feel sorrow and God will seem distant. King David felt the same way when he said:
“Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.”
He was obviously going through a trying time and had no one to lean on except God.
Just like David encouraged himself in Lord God, you can do the same. During the lonely times of your life, seek God because He promises in Jeremiah 29:13 that you will find Him. He will give you the strength you need to face each day 🙏.
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Loneliness can make you do crazy things, even entertain thoughts of harming yourself. Some people even go to the extent of considering suicide 💀.
It’s important to note that a lonely phase in life doesn’t last long. Where you have lost hope in life, or in your situation getting better, remember that you are never alone.
Don’t lose heart but turn to Jesus Christ, who is your hope and salvation. He went through lonely times as well and understands your situation.
3) God is Always with You Even When You Feel Alone
One great thing about God is that He says He will never leave you or forsake you ❤.
“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged”
You can count on Him to be with you always and be your source of encouragement.
Hebrews 4:15 tells us that in Jesus, we have a High Priest who empathizes with our weaknesses because He experienced them. He knows how you feel and longs to be your constant companion. Allow Him into your lonely heart, and He will comfort you.
"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are yet he did not sin."
You don’t have to fear loneliness, and although you are walking through a dark valley now, God is with you (Psalm 23:4). He goes out of His way to show you that He is listening to you and paying attention to the emptiness in your heart. God can encourage you through a message on social media or encouraging bible verses that shows how much He cares for you.
Pay attention to how God speaks to you so that you will know His voice and know that He is always listening to you. His Spirit lives in you, and He is with you wherever you go.
4) 7 Bible Verses to Read When You Feel Alone
When you feel alone, the Holy Bible has many inspirational bible verses that will be of comfort to you. Below are seven of them. May they encourage you and draw you closer to the Kingdom of God when you feel alone .
1. “Come near to God and he will come near to you…”
2. “But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: ‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you, When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.’”
3. “God sets the lonely in families…”
4. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
5. “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.”
6. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
7. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Discover The Bible Verse Bracelets Collection
If you are struggling and you need encouragement, check our collection of Bible Verse Bracelets, and take along the God's word with you and never feel alone again !
Read next: TOP 150 Philippians 4:13 tattoo ideas
Only those who truly understand this verse can correctly interpret the message. Discover the most beautiful pictures of those who decided to have this symbolic verse engraved on their skin...